Blog Journal #2

 


        With school being a majority online throughout my entire education, I have had a lot of experience using Word. Outside of school I am required to use word for my job. I remember using Word in high school, especially for english class to write papers. At FSU, I type up all of my papers using word to submit for grading as a pdf. As a new teacher this year, I have found GoogleDocs to be very convenient. I find it more convenient and easy to use as everything is in one and place and is accessible from any computer that I log onto.  

        A ISTE Standard that is most important to me would be 2.5 Designer. I found this standard to be the most important because being in a classroom, it is full of different children of different abilities and backgrounds. Technology is used as a tool for learning that meets different needs of students. Technology can make learning even more fun and gives educators the ability to get creative and make things their own, by putting their own twist on things. Technology can be very engaging for students, giving them more visuals and a deeper understanding of a topic, in a fun way. 

The term "digital natives" means to be a native speaker of technology, in which the term is geared toward the younger generation. I am considered a digital native, compared to past teachers or even co workers who are digital immigrants, in which I can see a huge difference between the way we simply work within technology. An example of this would be in class demonstrations or morning meeting slides, where my slides are completely digital, fun, interactive, with videos and online demonstrations to engage my students, where as a digital immigrants might be completely in person or with handheld visuals. This has been an impact on me as I bring my classroom demonstrations to life and make them engaging for my kids, where I was taught the same topics but without videos or using a computer or slideshow as a demonstration for deeper understanding. My current students love technology, whether its me giving lessons with slides, videos, or interactive lessons, or even them using computers to learn. I have found that they are more engaged when technology is involved because this is the life they have grown up into. I believe it will become even more so as years go on and technology advances. My students current technology favorite is a topic review as a Kahoot, where they answer review questions from their own screens, making it more fun and exciting but they are still learning just as they would on paper but now online. 

Comments

  1. You are very knowledgeable in technology!! I appreciate your comments on the ISTE standards. Technology really is a tool for learning, but I sometimes tend to forget how important it is and what a big role it plays. The adaptability and versatility aspects of the Designer standard are so so so important to a classroom. You will provide a great source of help for your students!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment