Journal #8


    I enjoyed creating a class website for my future students and families to use! It was so fun to create a place that reflects my class themes, resources and important dates. I am so glad we learned how to do this and the fact that the webpage is free! I will definitely be using this to send messages to families for them to keep track of our class calendar and have a place for my students to visit to keep track of homework and easily find links to our classes' resources! https://msenglishs5thgradeclass.weebly.com 


    Diigo is a fun resource that I personally loved using as a teacher. I would love to implement this with older students for them to use a posting center for class assignments, group projects and discussions. I would also love to implement this into my school for all the teachers to share ideas and plans for their classes. This would also be a great place to safely share class photos and activities happening within the school for our staff and even families if everyone was in a closed group.  


    My favorite way to stay up to date on all things teaching is the platform of Instagram and Twitter. These are places where I can befriend other teachers from all over the world, take in their ideas or even share my own. There are varieties of styles of teaching, lesson plans and fun activities that I can find and implement into my own classroom. These shares from other teachers also include their resources they have used in their classroom, such as technology lesson plans, websites, their webpages as examples and the online places they have gotten materials or resources they use in their own classes. https://www.instagram.com/ https://twitter.com/?lang=en  

Comments

  1. Contrast: beautiful! The contrasting colors allow for a streamlined design that is very appealing to look at.
    Repetition: There is no heavy repetition of material. It does not produce a heavy effect on the site weighed down by the same material over and over again. However, the color scheme matching works well for your web design.
    Alignment: everything is aligned well and structured nicely.
    Proximity: having everything on the main page accessible to other pages was nice to see it all laid out together.

    Overall, it is a beautiful site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Taylor your website looks awesome! Great use of pictures and information. Everything is easy to read and ascetically pleasing. The site was easy to navigate as well. The color contrast was good, the images were not repetitive and everything was aligned straight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment