EME 2040

     My name is Taylor English. I am a senior at FSU this year, as an online student. My major is Interdisciplinary Social Sciences with a concentration in Sociology. I am currently a 5th grade teacher in my hometown, where I hope to continue on as a school social worker after graduation. 

    I have been an online student for the past 4 years. I find my education to be much more flexible and understandable when it is online. I am able to teach myself and work at my own pace, from where ever I please. I define myself as a tech-savvy person and I feel I have the ability to succeed in online courses while working full-time. 

    As an online student I heavily use the resources provided by the school and my professors whenever I need extra help. I also find it convenient to use the internet whenever I have a quick question to be answered. One platform I use the most when discovering new ideas for the classroom is Pinterest, I find inspiration, plan ideas, and day to day educational postings from other teachers from all over. Another platform I get a lot of my lesson plans and ideas for fun assignments and projects is Teachers Pay Teachers, where I, along with teachers all over, can share our plans with the standards attached to create a fun learning environment. I have an online planner where I keep everything throughout my week and month lined up to keep myself in check, so I can achieve my goals. 


Comments